Jordan Valley Medical Center welcomes families and friends to visit with patients at the hospital. We understand that having loved ones nearby can improve healing and help facilitate better care.
General Visiting Rules
Jordan Valley Medical Center does not have set visiting hours; however, please be aware that some visitation restrictions may apply such as:
- After 6:00pm, most doors are locked and visitors will need to enter through the public Emergency Department entrance.
- Visitors may be asked to leave a patient’s room during tests and treatments.
- Visitation restrictions may be imposed by the hospital if clinically necessary or needed to ensure safe care of patients.
- Please see signs at every entrance for up to date Covid 19 precautions.
Visitors with confirmed COVID infection or COVID symptoms should not visit in-person until all the following have been met:
- It has been at least 10 days since you first experienced any symptoms and,
- Your symptoms are getting better and,
- At least 24 hours have passed since the last time you had a fever
All Visitors are required to wear a facemask while inside the hospital.
ADVISORY NOTICE: Visiting a patient with confirmed COVID-19 is inherently dangerous and significantly increases your chance of becoming infected with the COVID-19 virus.
Intensive Care Unit Visiting Hours
We kindly ask that visitors are limited to two at a time inside ICU patient rooms unless special arrangements have been made with the patient’s nurse. Comfortable waiting areas are provided nearby. When visiting patients in the ICU please follow these guidelines:
- Due to increased risk of infection, children under the age of 12 may not be allowed to visit; please contact the unit directly before bringing children to the hospital to visit.
- To protect the privacy of our patients, please do not visit in the ICU hallways
Women’s Center Visiting Hours
- Patient’s partner/support person is encouraged to stay with patient in their room for support as needed 24 hours a day
- Relatives, siblings, friends may visit at the discretion/approval of the patient and medical team.
- All visitors are prohibited from congregating in the hallway or near nurse’s station due to patient privacy laws.
- Rules for children under 12 and sick (or recently sick) adults often vary depending on multiple factors such as season and prevalence of disease within the community. Please contact the department BEFORE coming to visit.
Free parking is located near all hospital entrances. Convenient covered pull through areas for patient drop off and pick up are located at the Outpatient, Inpatient, and Women’s Center entrances.
Visitor Waiting Areas
The hospital provides spacious and comfortable lobbies and family waiting areas throughout the facility. The surgery family waiting area is near the café for any refreshments needed during your stay. Vending machines offering a range of snack foods and beverages are located in all other family waiting areas. Drinking fountains are all currently closed. Wireless Internet access is available throughout the hospital for access in family waiting areas, patient rooms, and the JV Café.
Our JV Cafe is located in the outpatient lobby and is open daily Monday thru Friday and provides a wide range of healthy selections for breakfast, lunch and dinner, including daily hot entrees, a salad bar, grill and a variety of desserts.
- Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Monday-Friday
- Lunch: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Dinner: Closed – Online ordering available 2:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. at Jordanvalleymc.tavlo.net
- Saturday and Sunday 7am-7pm online ordering
- Please ask staff for any assistance you may have with meals
Jordan Valley Medical Center’s Chapel is located near the Women’s Center entrance on the first floor. Patients and their families are welcome to visit the Chapel anytime.