Outpatient Diabetes Education Program
Our program offers group classes and outpatient consults designed to provide you with knowledge and skills to live a healthy and productive life with diabetes. Attending group classes can be motivating, refreshing and boost confidence in taking steps to control diabetes.
Our diabetes education program is recognized by the American Diabetes Association. Classes are taught by nurses and dietitians who specialize in diabetes care. We provide the support and resources you need to make well-informed decisions about your care including:
- Meal planning, carbohydrate counting and weight control.
- Activity & exercise guidelines.
- Monitoring blood sugar and how to use the results.
- Diabetes medications, including insulin.
- Sick day management.
- Pregnancy and pre-pregnancy planning.
- Gestational diabetes.
- Stress management and problem solving.
- Preventing or delaying diabetes-related problems.
- Planning a pregnancy or already expecting? Our Gestational Diabetes and Preconception Management program can help you to achieve a healthy pregnancy.
Our diabetes team will support and help you to understand and manage diabetes that develops during pregnancy (gestational diabetes) or exists prior to pregnancy. We offer a program that covers healthy nutrition, blood glucose monitoring, exercise and fetal activity awareness to help you achieve the best outcome possible.