Schedule an Appointment
Call 801-601-2388 from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
More Information on New Vision™
If you would like more information about New Vision™ and our services, please call 801-601-2388.
New Vision™ services consist of a medically supervised hospital stay at Jordan Valley Medical Center, which typically lasts three to five days, for inpatient medical stabilization. Medical stabilization is the process by which withdrawal symptoms are medically supervised, making the process of withdrawal safer and more comfortable. A fully qualified treatment team, consisting of a medical director and nursing personnel, provides individualized and multidisciplinary treatment to promote successful recovery.
The inpatient stay includes:
- Medical stabilization
- Appropriate discharge planning
Pre-screening and assessment includes medical history, physical, complete laboratory workup, and a nurse assessment. Following the medical stabilization period, the patient is set up with a discharge plan for further resources and rehabilitation.
Who Is Medical Stabilization For?
Medical stabilization is for people with ongoing alcohol or drug dependency. If the person has some of the criteria below, they could be a candidate:
- Have a history of withdrawal symptoms.
- Their home is not conducive to outpatient medical stabilization.
- They are a patient with a serious medical condition.
- They have an extremely high tolerance for mood-altering chemicals.
What New Vision Is Not?
- New Vision is not a Residential or Outpatient treatment program.
- We do not offer counseling services to our patients while admitted to the program.
- We do not offer psychiatric services to our patients. Patients with acute psychiatric needs would need to be admitted to Jordan Valley Medical Center, West Valley Campus Behavioral Health Department.
Conditions We Treat
- Substance Abuse
- Inpatient Treatment (New Vision™)