3580 West 9000 South
West Jordan, Utah 84088
Our dedicated Rehabilitation Team works to design an individualized treatment program and establish goals based on the patient’s current condition and needs. Our Rehabilitation Team includes:
- A Physiatrist. a physician who specializes in physical medicine and rehabilitation. This physician provides for the leadership of the multidisciplinary care aimed at the recovery of the whole person.
- A Physical Therapist who specializes in helping with specialty training for orthopedic and neurologic conditions to help patients regain strength, flexibility, mobility, balance and endurance.
- An Occupational Therapist who assists patients with their activities of daily living. This is accomplished through improving the patient’s motor function and reasoning abilities, and also by compensating for the permanent loss of function.
- A Speech and Language Pathologist who specializes in improving communication and cognitive skills in expression, comprehension and writing skills. They also assist in diagnosing and treating swallowing difficulties.
- Rehabilitation Nurses who address the needs of the entire patient to meet medical, educational, and emotional needs.
- A Social Worker who will support you and your family as you prepare to leave the hospital.
- A Registered Dietician who provides guidance and education to help you optimize nutritional health.
Patients can be admitted from hospitals, physician offices, assisted living facilities, skilled nursing facilities or from home. Prior to admission a pre-assessment evaluation will be obtained and reviewed by the clinical team. This is provided free of charge and in most cases within four hours of referral. Eligibility for admission will be reviewed on an individual basis and patients must meet the following criteria:
- Requires daily physician visits to oversee the patient’s medical needs and functional care plan.
- Needs at least two forms of therapy.
- Must be able to tolerate three hours of therapy over the course of the day, or the potential to build up to that in a short period of time. Adequate rest periods are provided.
Conditions We Treat
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Congenital Deformity
- Major Multiple Trauma
- Orthopedic Dysfunction
- Degenerative Neurological Disorders
- Polyarthritis (Including Rheumatoid Arthritis)